Monday, August 24, 2009

Peanut Butter Surprise!

Best cookies ever folks, ever. And I named them peanut butter surprise. I don't have any pictures but I do have a recipe for some amazing peanut butter cookies with bite size snickers in the middle. Amazing. The recipe is fast and easy. It made about 20 cookies for me. So if you're looking for a new, delicious cookie...here it is!

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
36 fun size bars milk chocolate covered caramel and nougat candy (I used bite size Snickers)

Cream together sugar, butter, vanilla, peanut butter, and egg.
Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

Wrap one heaping teaspoon (I just took a spoonful and molded it...sometimes getting rid of extra dough) around the bite size snickers.

Bake for 13-16 minutes (13 was perfect in our oven) and let cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet before moving to cooling rack.

There you go! Delicious. I also thought of maybe trying milkyways as well in the middle....mmmmmm. Let me know if you try baking them!

1 comments:

Anonymous August 27, 2009 at 5:46 PM  

Kathryn- I am enjoying reading your blog. Love, Dad

About Us

My photo
We are living in Florida and loving life, loving Christ, and loving each other. Each day brings a new adventure upon us and we love it. Oh, and we love Mikado - our only child.

Followers

Content + Credit

Sharing makes the blog world go 'round, but credit is essential. Content from our blog may be reproduced, however proper credit and an active link must accompany any reproduced materials.

©2009, Will + Kathryn Gay. All Rights Reserved.