Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Gay's.

We are a happy Gay family these days. :) For starters, Will drove me down to Titusville on Friday night to see the shuttle launch...happy Kathryn!!! I got home from work Friday and convinced him it was a good idea. It's always a chance with shuttle launches and it is a 2 hour drive to get there. The weather was only 60% probable but we went anyway - something told me we should. We got down there at 10:30, found ourselves great parking, and conveniently ended up with front row seats on the Banana River with Kennedy Space Center in the distance...perfect seats. I was like a little kid I was so excited. And then....the lightning started. I looked at Will and said "Are you serious? Really? We drove all the way down here...and it storms?" However, with God looking after us - the lightning was far enough away (out over the ocean) that the shuttle still launched! It was a magnificent sight. The weather in the distance and the shuttle plummeting towards space...unbelievable!! The whole sky lit up, the ground shook, and the noise sounded like deep rumbling thunder. It was well worth the trip....happy Kathryn :)

Here is a picture I took with my camera, clearly I'm not a professional photographer.


And here is a picture from NASA's website of the launch, it was beautiful.

Saturday morning I woke up with Mikado around 8:30 despite not getting home and into bed until 3 AM the night before. We had an appointment with a new vet! Mikado having no clue where he was going jumped into the car as he always does so willingly (he LOVES car rides). We arrived at Dr. Woodham's office to see if he could diagnose the lovely problem Mikado has been dealing with for the last 6 months. 20 minutes later we meet Dr. Woodham - very nice man. He even knew what Mikado meant in Japanese, I was excited. Anyway, he immediately knew what Mikado has and how to deal with it. A rectal polyp (gross). Surgery is required...but then it's all fixed, forever! I think I was just as happy as Mikado was (I really believe he knew what was going on with the excitement in my voice of someone finally being able to diagnose the issue). Next Tuesday we bring our little buddy in at 7 AM and they put him under, laser off the polyp, and wake him back up! No more bleeding Mikado. Happy Kathryn and happy Mikado :)

We get back home to tell Will the exciting news and the first thing out of his mouth is "how much is this going to cost me??" We were pretty much convinced fixing our dog was going to cost hundreds of dollars based upon what other vets have told us....the good news......$125!!!! That is it! Happy Will :)

So with everyone in the family being as happy as we are....I'm sure it'll be a great week. And it's my last week of work! Yayyy!!

Love you all!

Kathryn, Will, and Mikado

PS - here is our happy little guy....I'm telling you - he knows he will be better soon!!!







1 comments:

Jane September 7, 2009 at 10:57 PM  

cute I love your site!!!
I was missing my kids today BIG!!! I quilted for awhile, went in to work for awhile and went to Schulers forawhile.........not the best of days, but tomorrow is first day with kids so all will be well..hope your first day on the job is awesome!! Miss you Love Mom

About Us

My photo
We are living in Florida and loving life, loving Christ, and loving each other. Each day brings a new adventure upon us and we love it. Oh, and we love Mikado - our only child.

Followers

Content + Credit

Sharing makes the blog world go 'round, but credit is essential. Content from our blog may be reproduced, however proper credit and an active link must accompany any reproduced materials.

©2009, Will + Kathryn Gay. All Rights Reserved.